Product Support and Customer Service
For Further support visit our Contact Page
Think and act in a safe manner. Always disconnect power and use a lockout before you work on the E-coat system, or any of the related subsystems. Observe any confined space conditions. Use the appropriate safety equipment and clothing for the task. Please carefully read all the instructions listed below to familiarize yourself with the project before attempting to perform any of the work.
- Red vinyl liquid coating (UFSc PN Z580001
- Small disposable paint brush
Any metal component of the Membrane Electrode Cell that is exposed to the ED paint bath will act as an active anode and dissolve. Liquid vinyl coating is used to coat the metal and protect it from the ED paint bath. Any exposed stainless steel will begin to corrode because it is sacrificial as an anode. Any copper wire exposed to the ED paint bath will dissolve because the bath is acidic. Steps must be taken to protect this from happening.
- Carefully inspect the top of the Bulkhead fitting around the electrical fitting. Make sure surface is clean and free of dirt.
- Use a small paintbrush to apply a generous coating over the electrical area. Repeat every 2 or 3 hours until there is a good repair coating applied.
- Let the repaired coating air cure overnight before moving the cable lead or Cell.
- Take care not to pull the wire too tight or it may further damage the coating.