Product Support and Customer Service
For Further support visit our Contact Page
Think and act in a safe manner. Always disconnect power and use a lockout before you work on the E-coat system, or any of the related subsystems. Observe any confined space conditions. Use the appropriate safety equipment and clothing for the task. Please carefully read all the instructions listed below to familiarize yourself with the project before attempting to perform any of the work.
- Polyethylene hosebarb x thread adapter with threads cut down to approximate thickness of the PVC neck or TECTRON™ Membrane Shell. If necessary, use matte knife to taper down first thread.
- 17 mm (3/8” NPT) or 22 mm (½ “ NPT) open or box wrench
- Clear PVC Cement
- Artist’s Paint Brush
- Matte Knife
- The Electrode can remain in the Membrane Shell.
- Use the brush to coat taped threads on barb with clear PVC cement.
- Start adapter into threaded hole by hand until 1 to 1½ threads are still visible. Drip additional cement from brush and blow any run-off into joint.
- Apply wrench and tighten until you meet resistance. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN! Soft threads will strip easily. For this reason, we recommend against using deep socket ratchet.
- Liberally apply more cement around the hex base to seal joint with pipe – especially on underside of adapter.
- Clean brush frequently in clear PVC primer to keep from hardening.
- Make sure Electrode can be easily inserted and removed from Shell, ensuring adapter does not interfere with its mobility.